Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rhubarb

RhubarbTook a nice stroll through Big Creek with my main man, John O'Connor. He has a few nice shots of the subject as well. The guy was even kind enough to let me use his back up body and some gear for the trek. I appreciate things like that especially when I'm without a camera for a couple weeks. I asked him a while ago out of pure curiosity one day what he thought made a great photograph. His reply was simple: "vision" I will tell you that I think it is extremely important and I agree with him 100%. See I guess I don't really realize it that way, although every good photographer has a vision at least once in a while, I have always been a "connection" type of guy myself but in this photograph I had a problem. Since I didn't have my own gear I was out of a polarizer and thought of what John said and worked my way around it envisioning a black and white piece. Thanks!

No comments: