Monday, September 20, 2010

Mountain Range With Stars

Mountain Range with Stars

The notion of photographing in mid day sun is usually not something a lot of photographers would get excited about. Harsh shadows, dull color and hard to work with light, yeah a lot to take on. Sure the hours of sunset or sunrise are optimal to create those dramatic landscapes and rich colors we all love but what about the rest of those hours in between? It's still a useful area we shouldn't give the cold shoulder to. Being able to interpret this quality of light is a great exercise we should all try out once in a while. I set out to today to break the old golden hour way of doing things and turned over a nice new leaf. Now that I'm amped on spending more time in the details during mid day light, I make the most of my time creating images instead of sitting around waiting. This does come with a new rule of thumb though; make sure you have enough battery so when you do encounter that golden luminance you can keep on rocking it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the first time I saw this I could not get what it was. Now I do. It's beautiful.
It is also heartwarming to find that someone out there was looking at a similar sight. [http://barteknaroznyphoto.blogspot.com/2010/07/lines.html]