Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Continuation

the real island2

I have always been a big fan of aquatic scenes and I can say that water is probably one of the main reasons I photograph. Water flows: and that's simple. How that function happens is an extremely complex action that draws me in every time and inspires me to take out the camera. When I think of the material world, we have tons of different goals and destinations while my friend, the river only has one. Observing this flawless movement with nothing stopping it's course is a metaphor we can all learn from or at least admire. By the time the camera and legs are packed up, the section of water just photographed will be miles away and where it exactly originated from is anyone's guess. Just that fact alone is a heavy influence on me. With that in mind, I'll say that it is pretty difficult to not look back from whatever path you're on, possibly stumbling on conceptions along the way. It's impossible to never fail and it's unlikely to move toward one universal purpose. In other words, no matter how hard one can try, we can only dream of having the characteristics of rivers or flowing water. I guess opposites do attract.

1 comment:

Juan Riera said...

I feel this fascination for rivers and flowing water, too. But we're not alone, old greek philosopher was too, seeing that the river is always the same, but water is not. I lived much of my life near to a beautiful river, and I couldn't do but photographing it. What else.
BTW, this photo is beautiful.