Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just in Time

big sur

A while back I took a nice nice photo trip down to Big Sur with a good friend. We were pretty overwhelmed as to where we should be for the magic hour since we only had one day. Upon driving around frantically, chasing the sun and almost crashing the car, we had to stop and clamber down to the beach to at least get something. To our surprise we ended up at this place, which I have seen in other photographs before and I would like to say it's Garrapata beach but I'm not sure. Just as luck would have it I was able to set up just before the sun went down to catch a nice highlight on the edge of these rocks. This image was made with Fuji Velvia 50 and could not have asked to be in a better location especially since we did'nt know where we were going in the first place. I have always enjoyed this photograph but never really considered the luck of it and indeed it was luck. Sometimes your planning just has to give way to adaptability and flexibility but if you can think quick enough, then you're in. So I took the luck when it offered itself. Probably not exactly what I would have wanted to get but enjoyed making the most of the situation in an amazing spot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another inspiring shot my friend. You're right about the location so don't doubt yourself any longer. We should make a trip to big sur this winter. What say you?

Bojh Parker said...

I would say: thanks and lets go to big sur.