Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Patience

hensley lake tree

I was talking to friend the other day who had used to dabble in photography. He was excited remembering some landscapes in Big Sur we stumbled upon and I asked him, why not get back into shooting again? The answer was simple: "I don't have the patience" This was intersting to me seeing as though I honestly never really gave much of a thought about patience in photography. The time it takes to photograph should never stand out as an obstacle, no matter how many trips back to your subject or hours in post. Maybe patience never occured to me because cause that idea leaves in the moment and in the remedy of nature. Even something so simple and obvious as patience never crossed my mind. I think Ralph Waldo Emerson summed it up best when he said: "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."

1 comment:

regular james said...

That is a vibrant turquoise you've captured. Really cool.