Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Somber Symphony



I know it has been a long time since a new post, so here it is! Went on a camping trip with some friends to Iron Lakes had an excellent time. Thought a lot about how a place like this is very hard to capture, especially through a photograph. I have been there once a year for the last 7, but this time figured it would be nice to show at least a big chunk. There are so many words to describe this area: diverse, serene, strange, beautiful and vast. One of my favorite places on the list for sure. The view from the top of the trail at Iron Lakes put together with a series of 8 exposures.

5 comments:

pat said...

bo,
great pic. i think you captured it perfectly. i'm ready to go back.

Bojh Parker said...

Thanks Pat,I'm also ready, how about a Star Lakes day trip sometime soon?

Gregg Lowrimore said...

Very nice. Almost exactly how I remembered it (from this high up, one cannot see the trail in and around the left side, where I assume the trail has been degradingly expanded/widened from all the foot traffic in there. I have not been back in there (nor to Star Lakes) in about 17-19 years. How was the fishing? Still plenty of those Golden trout in there? Doesn't look like the severe drought hampering the rest of California has impacted these lakes much as all.

Some very fond memories from these lakes. Thanks for sharing a piece of paradise to someone transplanted to Colorado. I miss that area.

Bojh Parker said...

Thanks Gregg,
It's always good to hear from another Iron Lakes fan. The trail seemed about the same as it did 7 years ago at least. The fishing didn't go so well. I think you just have to get at it around sunrise. A lot of brook trout there, the ones with the bright red dots, they are amazing. I'm not too sure if droughts does affect this area too much considering you can still find patches of snow just above the lakes in august. You'll have to come back again soon, it will clear your head. I'm sure you know of some amazing spots like this in Colorado huh? thanks for stopping by Gregg!

Richard Parker said...

Bo, This picture is etched into my mind, but still is not like being there. Sorry I missed this years trip, Dad