Sunday, August 16, 2009

South Tufa at Mono Lake II

south tufa pano adjustments2

My first time going over Tioga Pass. The landscapes on the way up are enough to render a fellow like myself speechless. The massive granite beasts of mountains all around, left me overwhelmed as I tried to take it all in. I went on this nice day trip with my wife and mother in law and I will tell you everything about what we just did was awesome. Mono lake is a very terrestrial place indeed. Although I have never been to another planet, at least I don't think so, this is about the closest one might come to that without leaving Earth. Another thing I enjoyed about this trip was the small town of Lee Vinning. The vibes were right as well as the people. The little town seemed to be happening and humble high above the smog. One of the employees at the famous burger spot was even kind enough to give me a free drink (thanks). This panoramic was shot right before I would of had to use a bulb setting, needless to say the light was fading fast.What a challenge trying to time my exposures with the descending sun. I was in the right spot the only thing left to do was to wait for the desired light & I like that wait.

No comments: