Sunday, December 20, 2009

Breaking Above the Fog

fog2

I took a spontaneous drive with a good friend of mine a couple days ago. I was stoked the entire time on how the weather we were having was changing so quickly. We would drive above the fog in awe and we had to to stop each time we saw that we were just above the fog line. It would rise above above us each time until we finally settled just into the Sequoia National Forest, where this photograph was made. The depiction here was about 20 minutes after the sun had gone down. I know I will definitely be going back to make more images. We didn't even get into the park (which the road was closed anyway) but still the landscape was just as beautiful. The original idea was to go to see some giant sequoias because my friend Sean unfortunately has never experienced them, but thanks Sean! and we'll see those grandfathers soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nature is perfection. Amazing image, I wish I could've been there to witness it with you guys. Take Sean to Nelder Grove if you can't get to Sequoia or to the Mariposa Grove. Also, we're going to see the Redwoods up north. I'm reading "The Wild Trees" and now I'm bent on seeing those grandfathers so get ready for it and read the book!

Bojh Parker said...

Thank you John, I tell you, if you would have been there I guarantee you would have had a nice smile going. Where and when are you going up north. I'll look into that book, sounds like something I would be into.

regular james said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
regular james said...

Excellent photograph from an excellent fellow. I'm with John, I wish I had been there. Overall a really great shot, keep it up.