Friday, December 4, 2009

Millerton Lake Sunrise: black & white or color? What Is your take?

Millerton lake sunrise bw

Millerton lake sunrise color

Started my day pretty early on Tuesday in hopes to make a few nice images before the sun came up. I wouldn't say that I had no idea where I was going, I just knew wherever I was heading it would be nice to be there for sunrise. Catching the first light is an amazing way to start your day and I recommend to do it at least once a week. The vision for this photograph was color but after some adjustments in photoshop I started to doubt the original concept. Although I enjoy both, I wonder what some of you out there might think. Your opinion is important so let me know what you think!

4 comments:

pat said...

i would have to say color. great pic either way.

Bojh Parker said...

Thanks for the input pat I might be leaning that way as well.

regular james said...

I've probably viewed these photos a dozen times and could not decide which one I liked best until just now. The color photo does capture some amazing reflection and tones, although I think I like the black and white one best. The stark contrast between the ripples on the lake really pop out in black and white. They're both great.

Bojh Parker said...

Thanks fellas and nice observation James.